“You shall be marked upon my tomb as the cruel cause of my death, and handed down to posterity in these or similar lines: “Fillide died by the cruelty of Acamante; a faithful mistress by a perfidious guest. He was the barbarous cause; she gave herself the fatal blow.”
-‘Fillide to Acamante’, adapted from The Epistles of Ovid, 43 BC-AD 18
Inspired by the Sicilian folk legend of the origins of the almond tree, Fillide tell a timeless tale of magic and heartbreak passed down for centuries.
Fillide, the first project from Jocu, are a brand new concept in professional playing cards for magicians, cardists, gamblers, cartomancers, collectors and lovers of magical things.
Our cards don’t just handle beautifully, they tell a story.
Fillide Playing Cards
- 56 fully custom playing cards by Jocu designer Alessandra Gagliano
- 52 cards, two jokers, a double-backer and a story card
- Available in Acqua (Green + Silver) and Terra (Brown + Gold)
- Printed on Linen Finish premium B9 card stock by Cartamundi
- Metallic inks on the backs and the court cards
- Embossed foil tuck boxes with interior printing
- Foil accents and details on the tuck box
- Designed in Italy, printed in Belgium. Fully created in 1000km² in Europe
The Design: available in Acqua or Terra, Fillide depict a wealth of ancient symbolism and imagery, as well as Sicilian iconography. Taking centre-stage is Fillide, after her transformation into an almond tree and blossoming at the touch of the returning Acamante.